Friday, September 25, 2009

What is important?

Thank you for all who have contacted me to ask about the issues.

It is imperative for me to know what is important to each of you. I am not forming opinions about issues without listening first. I understand the citizens are scared of the uncertainty of the economy. It is important that we view the city as the business that it is. We have a board of directors, which is the City Council with the Mayor as the Board Chairman and CEO. We have employees who provide services. We collect fees for those services as well as taxes from those who live here. We have a responsibility to make sure we make wise decisions. We don't have the option to have a bad few months and close down as we have seen 79 businesses do in the area. We are in serious times and don't need to spend time seeing dollar signs and moving on any and every project that sounds too good to be true. It is about survival and I am committed to being in for the long haul. I have a history of true leadership and wish to be held accountable for all actions and decisions I may make.

I want to hear from you about what matters most to you. If I don't know the answer, I will tell you I don't know and find out. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment